This is the last post in a series >>My Instagram Project: What’s working and what’s not.
Let me start by saying I did it!
I reached my goal of 150 followers before the end of this month and exceeded my goal.
So now, I’ve raised the bar and I’m aiming to hit 200 followers by the end of this month (September)!
Here is a quick recap of what I’ve been doing to grow my account organically.
- I’ve been posting consistently.
- If a post makes me smile or think, I like it and I have been commenting on posts that I felt I could add value to or inspired me in some way. I’ll admit the posts that are drawing me in, are those that are motivational or ask a question. I’m not sure I know what this means for you, but my recommendation is this: If one of your objectives is increased engagement then experiment. Include a few motivational quotes and pose questions.
- I’ve been replying to all meaningful comments.
- I’ve been promoting my Instagram account in Facebook Groups (under specific threads).
- I’ve been using between 20 -30 hashtags and tagging other users when I #regram.
Here is a screenshot of my analytics:
Engage, enlighten, encourage and especially…just be yourself! Social media is a community effort, everyone is an asset. – Susan Cooper
My favourite Instagram scheduling tool
Hands down my favourite Instagram scheduling tool is Planoly.
Here is a list of my favourite features:
- You can drag and drop images and schedule content.
- You can use Planoly on your desktop and on your mobile.
- It is reasonably priced! I’m on the Solo plan which works out to $7 per month.
- You can have multiple accounts!
- You can curate images from other IG users or search free stock photos.
My biggest takeaways from this project:
- Everyone says it and it’s true, use high-quality images but also “be you” and share “real life” pics.
- Go with variety when it comes to your content strategy.
Now over to you…
What are your top tips for growing your Instagram account organically?
Join hundreds of subcribers in my resource library!
Subscribe to get immediate access to FREE and helpful content!